Our newly renovated stone-built 18th century cottage “Chez Parsonage” is set in the tiny hamlet of La Marteille surrounded by rolling farmland and distant forest.
Enjoy your vacation in the peaceful countryside; the warmth and friendliness of the local people; the farm with chickens and ducks running freely, cows quietly grazing. This is a lovely area for walks through the fields to the forests beyond.
This charming holiday home is set in the countryside between Périgueux to the southeast, Ribérac to the southwest and south of Angoulême.
- A 30 minute drive will take you to Brantôme set on an island on the River Dronne. Boat trips and renting canoes is a favourite pastime with tourists, as well as visiting the shops and restaurants in this most attractive town in Perigord Vert. There is an amazing 11th century abbey built into the cliff face.
- Nearby is the Grottes de Villars where you will see 18,000 year old cave art with stalactites and stalagmites.
- Set on the River Dronne the Chateau de Bourdeilles is only a 20 minute drive away and is open to visitors all year round. This lovely village offers walks along the river, superb restaurants for a leisurely meal, an open-air swimming pool or you can hire a canoe for a peaceful view of the surrounding countryside.
- Drive to the lovely city of Bergerac and enjoy touring the neighbouring medieval towns and vineyards.
- Day trips to Limoges, Sarlat-la-Canéda, Rocamadour, Angoulême and the Atlantic coast should not be missed.
- The ancient and lovely City of Bordeaux is well worth a visit. Feast on Bordeaux's excellent museums, 12th century cathedrals, its wide avenues and historical buildings, coupled with restaurants and pubs for a lively nightlife. The city is central to fine wine trade, tours of chateaux and famous vineyards.
- The Pyrenees in Spain are just a 4 hour drive from the cottage.
- And Paris is only a 3 hour train ride away via the TGV from Angoulême.